Question

KarmaQueen13

PRE-APPROVAL: Is Credit Score Affected?
I received an email from CK. Within that email it stated:

First, see if you're pre-approved. It's instant, and can give you a better idea of products that are a fit for you.
1. Answer a few quick questions, and we’ll check with select partners to see if you’re pre-approved.
2. If you’re pre-approved, you’ll instantly see offers from leading lenders, including APRs and terms.
3. Your credit won’t be impacted unless you decide to apply for one of the offers.

#3 Was the MOST important factor to me. I did NOT want my credit score to be affected in anyway. I've worked very hard to improve it over the last several years. I was notified that I was "pre-approved" by several lenders. I did not take any further action; in other words I did not then apply for a loan.

Not long after that I got an email from a lender, Prosper, with the following message:

Thank you for applying for a loan through Prosper. We are unable to accept your loan request because the combination of your FICO®08 credit score and your Prosper score are too low.

"Thank you for applying for a loan." I did NOT apply for a loan. What does this mean!?! Has anyone experienced this in the past? I am extremely concerned that my credit score is going to take a hit. I have purposely not applied for any lines of credit in nearly 2 years so they would all drop off my report. If this shows up as a hard inquiry I am going to be LIVID.

Please help. I’m freaking out.

inquiries

Just look under your inquiries and see if you have a "hard" hit.

If not, then it will not affect your score at all.

Keep in mind that you may have to wait until the site updates your information again to see a change.