Question

AndieIsMe

Possible bogus credit inquiry. How do I remove?
I applied for a loan and have not received a response. They won't return calls or emails. I was able to contact them one time and confirmed they received my information, but no other communication has been initiated by them. So, I pretty much just handed my info to a data miner. My question is about the inquiry they did on my credit. Can I have it removed because they obviously did not do any legitimate business dealings with my information.

Most Helpful Response

How long has it been? file a dispute

has it been over 30 days?

you can file a dispute with the Credit Reporting agencies.

you can do this online at all three of the CRA's websites.  or you can file a dispute by mail.  Explain that you applied for credit but they have not responded to the application.