Question

SpawnedX

Poor credit, collectors unwilling to work with me, help fix my credit?
I want to fix my credit, first I need to find out all of the outstanding debts I have. I have some negative listings in which I cannot find out who owns the debt anymore to contact to work things out. I have hospital bills out there that I know of, but none are on my credit and no way of tracking down the current holder of the debts.

To make matters worse, I want to start making some payments on these debts, and the ones I am able to speak off just flat out deny all payment plans. They keep saying they will only take one lump sum payment of the full amount or nothing. I cannot do this. I can afford to start making small payments, but in order to ensure I have a place to live and the bills paid and food for my wife and son, I need to do payment plans. How do you deal with debt collectors who are not actually interested in collecting the debt?

Help, I don't even know where to begin.

Most Helpful Response

DECLARE BANKRUPTCY (my first recommendation to you) if you can't handle it....as long as your not looking to purchase a home in the next 3 years you'll be ok and the debt will go away....OR take the hard way scrape by go to annualcreditreport.com pull all 3 reports this will tell you who you owe bills to and there contact info and while your there look for any errors and dispute them the beaureas will have to investigate and verify or delete ALOT OF PEOPLE are unaware of the eroors holding there score down best of luck