Question

Christinameana5

Poor credit, can't get approved for ANYTHING aimed at poor credit.
I have poor credit that I'm just now paying off(its almost all medical bills). I keep getting conflicting information about my credit history being too new or that I'm "a ghost" so I should work on building it and apply for things and then on the flipside, my credit is poor and I get declined for even secured credit cards and financing aimed at poor credit scores. To make it more confusing, everyone keeps saying that my medical bills don't go against my credit scores...which is almost all I have! I feel like Im in limbo here. Again, I'm paying off my medical debt but what am I supposed to do here??

Most Helpful Response

Debt is debt, no matter what it was for.   When medical debts go to collections, it is usually just reported as an unpaid debt.   Some companies will overlook medical debt, others will not.  It will still be on your credit report.   There are credit cards that will offer you a secured card irrespective of you credit, just just aren't the right choices.   Work on paying off your past dues as opposed to getting more credit.   Even the amount you pay for a secured card is better off paid towards the debt.

I to was told that Medical bills dont count against my score. I had a $1400  medical bill removed from my credit and my credit score bumped up 5 points right away. My score has gone up 18 points since I started paying off my med bills. So, yes indeed debt is debt no matter were it comes from. Good luck .