Question

calgirl2110

poor credit because i am young (21)
I am 21 and my credit is 606. I have 1 credit card with a $300 max and i do not really have any other options in cards that I can get. How can I raise my credit when I am so young?

Been there.  Buy $20-$60 worth of stuff  if your limit is $300 (that is, if you need the stuff, you have to be realistic) and pay on it.  Pay the minimum balance or slightly higher for a month or two, then pay it off.  Example- if your minimum payment on $60 balance is $15/mo, then pay about $20 for a month or two, on time, then pay it off.  You get the idea  This will show you can be ON TIME, and that you're actually using the credit wisely, which is the ONLY way to build credit.  Keeping a $0 balance is good for your pocketbook since it keeps you out of debt, but it does nothing to build credit.  Like lifting weights- there has to be activity to see results.  Just don't be foolish about it or you'll be sorry for a long long time.