Question

ohiopwrlifter71

Poor credit, and collections
I have a score of 615 right now which is poor. I need atleast a 640 for a mortgage for a home. Right now I have some old credit cards and some auto loans in collections, but some have been removed from my credit report. I have 4 credit cards that are nearly maxed out, and one car loan for a year in which i have never ever missed a payment. I have 29,878 in debt right now. The upside is that in a little less than 3 months i will have full access to my trust fund that contains around $400,000 How should i start to clean up my credit so I can get approved for a home loan so i dont have to pay cash??? any input would be much appreciated.

There is a standard set of what I call 'rules' for improving your credit..

• Never, ever pay late.
  • Reduce your debts to less than 20% of your total credit limits, but always keep greater than 1%.
  • Work to increase your credit limits with current creditors.
  • Do not apply for new, unnecessary credit.
  • Do not close old accounts.
  • Use your credit cards once in a while so that the company does not close them for non use.
  • Monitor your credit for errors and promptly dispute items that are in error.

In time your credit will increase.