Question

purplekisses1107

POINT DROP- YIKES
I noticed on TU & EQ that I had a student oan acct. for $13,000+ however, this account was found to be not mine..it took me a few days to call The Department of Education to figure out what was going on. So after speaking with them I was told that I NEVER had a student loan taken out for that amount. So I go to dispute it with both of those Bureaus and my TransUnion score dropped 35 points! Now before anyone answers or replies to this post: I COMPLETELY AND 100% understand that scores go up and down HOWEVER, if the account was NEVER mine to begin with...my score should have went up right? HELP PLEASE!!

That loan is showing on the TU and EQ reports on this site?  If it is showing on the reports on the regular credit bureau sites, then you[ should file disputes wi[th all bureaus showing the loan. It is an error that will be investigated and dealt with and your credit score should not be affected. 

The reason that you experienced the decrease is because the loan was helping your credit even if it was not actually your loan it was contributing to your credit score. It makes sense that when the loan was removed your scores went down, that happens even when you pay off and close one a loan that actually belongs to you. Be sure to take some time to read about credit, how to build it and how to maintain it.