Question

Planned1223

Please help, someone has all my iformation.

ID

Hello,

I was just told someone has my SS # , my name, and my card #.  I took care of my bank accounts, I cancelled everything, they will send me new cards.

Please help what else do i need to do?

Thank you

First thing is to lock your Social security card up since you need to actually show it very few times in your life.  Be extra cautious about giving out personal information, especially on the phone and online. Use a shredder to destroy unwanted or outdated mail, suchh as credit card offers. It is really up to you to ensure your privacy and safety.  Also, chedck all three credit reports once a year tomake sure all information is correct.

You said that someone has your social security card, my question would be how do you know this and is there any ill intent? If someone found your wallet or something and contacted you, chances are they are probably honest and will not use your information for any illegal things, if they planned to do that, they wouldn't have contacted you. On the other hand if your card or wallet was stolen or you were made aware that someone has it and has not made you aware themselves, then contacting the police may be an option to have them investigate. If someone does have your card and may pull some illegal acts with your info, you might consider freezing your credit reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can learn to do this.