Question

Hershi3

Please help me understand what else I should do to raise my credit score
A few years ago, my credit score was 758 despite only having a line of credit with my bank. I financed a car and got a very low interest rate. Fastfoward....Earlier this year, it was 651 and now, my current credit score has dropped to 642.

I had 2 hard inquiries in October, which have been removed (this month). I paid off my car in October and that reported as closed (thats when my credit score dropped from 651 to 642). I am only using 24% of my credit line (always payment on time). My car payments were paid on time at 100%, never late or missed a payment. I don't have a credit card, nor do I have any other debt besides my credit line.

Why is my credit score so low? Can someone offer some helpful adivce of how I can increase my credit score? Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Open credit utilization is a big factor of your score. With no revolving credit lines, you're cutting out a big chuck of your score.

Your score went down when you paid off the loan because the average age of your credit history is a factor of open credit lines, which with only closed loans and your credit from the bank, is likely lowered,.

The best way to get your score up is to open a credit card, or become an authorized user on someone who trusts you, and who you trust to keep their account in good standing.