Question

tambarkis

please can you tell me why my score dropped as much as it did in such a short time
over the past 3 months my score went from 635 down to a 618 as of today. in this time i got a car loan and two credit cards with a 300 credit limit each. all payment have been made on time. can you please tell me why this happened??? i am trying so hard to get my score up. can you please try and explain this to me?????

Most Helpful Response

Well in 3 months you have opened 3 lines of Credit and are using them.   Thats why your Credit Score has gone down.  If you give it a another 3 to 6 months it should start to climb back up.   

For the Car Loan,  Always make your payment on time,  Never every be late.

As for the Credit Cards,  if your CL is 300 each,  do not charge more then 100 dollars  and ALWAYS Pay the full amount when you get your Statement. Never Carry a balance.

There is no Quick Way to raise your Credit Score it takes time,  so plan on it taking a few years to get your score up.   I was in the same spot,  if you look at my profile you can see a timeline of events on Applying for Credit Cards and requesting CLI's over the past 3 years.   Have included what my Credit Score was here at CreditKarma to show my progress of the time.  

Hope that helps out.

Good Luck.

tambarkis

thank you