Question

Scottower

Pinnacle Credit/Verizon Wireless
Pay to Delete Not an Option...Verizon Wireless sold my past due account to Pinnacle Credit. Pinnacle Credit owns the account but has various law firms who service the accounts, I suspect they are the same people who want to intimidate you with a so called law firm since they can connect you directly to the law firm without you having to hang up. I contacted Cross Town Law with the 800 # provided by Pinnacle and inquired about a Pay For Deletion. I was told they do not pay to delete so I said there is no benefit in my paying to which I was simply replied with "Your Call". I hung up and will just wait out the clock on this one or continue disputing with different reasons.

Most Helpful Response

Never negotiate by phone

These Collection Law firms use paralegals and they generally have no authority to negotiate or accept anything but payment in full or set up a payment plan. 

Write a letter with your pay to delete offer, Google it for a template.  Address it to the "Collections Manager", He's generally the only one that can enter a contract for less than the full amount.or contigencies like deleteing the info.  I would put the offer in the form of a Offer and compromise.  I'd start by offering 50% of the amount owed and see how that goes.  Don't pay anything until you have a written agreement. 

You have nothing to loose at this point, might as well go for the gusto and see if you can get it off your report and pay less than owed.

Good luck.

Scottower

I continued my quest by filing disputes with the credit bureaus via their online service. I was successful a few days ago in having Pinnacle removed from my Transunion report. I have escalated my efforts by sending certified letters to Pinnacle and also the credit bureaus since I did not receive verification or even a response from Pinnacle.