Question

Aviculture

Piggy backing seems to have backfired.
I was trying to raise the length of time on my credit history, it averaged out to 1 years, by piggy backing off of my sister's American Express card, she has had it since 1987, however, Credit Karma is counting it as a brand new account and it lowered my average length of time down to 9 months. Does anyone have any experience with this as I would love some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Not a credit card?!

If its a standard Amex card then it is a charge card and not a credit card.  Did you see a change in your avaialble credit?  If not, there is the answer.  I do not have a good answer as to why the age of credit  would decrease though.

I recently piggy backed and had my age of credit go from one year to five years, utilization went from 21% to 7%.  My credit score didnt change at all.  I asked for feedback about this on this forum and recieved no replies.