Question

jkharrison2

Personal Loans and Pay Off.
I am trying to build my credit score, and only have studen loans and a secured credit card right now. When I use the credit simulator and add a $1k personal loan my credit score goes down several points. If I do this, but pay the personal loan off on time or ahead of time will my credit score then increase beyond the original number?

it will often go down on the simulator

Once you have secured a loan and begin making the payments your score should go up.  It will always go down until you prove that you can indeed pay it on time.  Once you have a few payments under your belt yor score should go up.