Question

bobbyrex

personal loan vs. credit card debt
Would transferring credit card debt to an unsecured personal loan improve my credit score?

In theory, having multiple

Types of credit lines on your report helps with your score.  

I took a personal loan to pay off credit card debts believing that it would help my scores.  In general, I didn't see much imediate improvement in my scores at that time.  but having different types of credit does show that you can handle long term debt which is important when appling for a mortgage. Once that 24 month loan was paid off in 20 months, my scores jump almost 100 points.  Thats when the improvement really shows up.

hope that helps