Question

wlgbigboi

Personal Loan Auto Finance
I am looking to but a car for my daughter who is a college student. I only want to spend 4000 to 5000 dollars on the car. Are there companies who will provide a personal loan for that amount to purchase a car. I went to the FICO site for my FICO scores of 713, 722, and 696. At the experian website my scores are 714, 710, and 662. Does anyone have any experience with obtaining personal loans with the scores listed above. I do not want to take a hit on my credit only to be turned down for a personal loan or for financing. My employment and income history is highly stable.

Thanks

Most Helpful Response

Is there a reason you want to obtain a personal loan and not an auto loan? If you're a credit union member, you should ask your CU about auto loan rates. 

wlgbigboi

Not a credit union member. I wanted a personal loan because I found it hard to find a lender willing to finance older model cars. Only looking to spend 3-4 thousand and in that range the cars are early 2000's.

Personal/Auto Finance