Question

pegberns

percentage of balance due
Everytime I get a credit card paid off under 50% the credit card company lowers my limit and it looks like I have 80% + balances. How can you avoid that? I'll never get a good rating if the c/c companies keep lowering my limits.

Over limit

The main problem I see here is your being over 50% in the first place.  They want you to think the limit is what they call the limit. That is the Banks limit.  The limit where they will stop giving you more.  Your limit on any credit card should be only 30% of the Banks limit and 10% would be better.