Question

AngelC90

Peaks Loans keeps calling me stating i have a loan under them, it doesnt appear on my credit report
I Attended ITT Tech a few years ago. I've done some research on this Peaks Loan and majority of posts i see are stating that this is a scam from a third party associated with that school. It doesnt show up on my credit report but i dont want to destroy my credit.

Most Helpful Response

Ask them to stop calling and send all information via US mail only. Ask them to provide information verifying that it is your account.  They can't hurt your credit unless they report the account to the bureaus.  If the account is older than 7 years, then they cannot report it to the bureaus.  You'll have to check your state laws regarding statute of limitations for their right to sue, just Google "statute of limitiations" and your state name.  Best of luck!