Question

yrzzle

payoff auto loan or use $ for a down payment for a home loan?
I'd like to buy a house in a year from now. in that time i can either payoff my auto loan or save the money for a down payment... I have great credit. I am a single female and paying off my car would give me peace of mind, but not sure which option would be smarter financially.
Thanks

If you go with a traditional mortgage, you're going to need down payment money.  However,  you can go another route.  Visit www.naca.com, they are a non-profit group that helps low to middle income folks get into home without a down payment, no closing costs, credit score doesn't matter and very good interest rates.