Question

NurseJax

Payments to debtors and credit score
I owe rent for my apartment in the month I gave 30 days notice, and will not be living there the entire month. I had to secure another apartment and due to pay the deposit and rent the same day my rent is due at my current address. I am moving somewhere less costly and can make payments for rent due at my old place but cant afford to pay it all at once. Can I do that with it not negatively affecting my credit?

As a renter when you move into new living quarters, most places require first and last month's rent, and a cleaning deposit. I'm surprised you would need to pay rent at the apartment you're living in the last month. 

It's up to you to budget, and make sure you have the funds needed before giving notice and put money down on another apartment; or anything in life. Talk to the apartment manager and see what you can work out. Perhaps the cleaning deposit can be utilized as part of the rent provided the apartment was left in pristine condition.

Please start reading about credit, budgeting, and money management.