Question

Kar2010

payment plan with collection Agency
I am attempting to setup a payment plan with a collection agency, where I call in every month and make a payment. They are requiring that I give my credit card details and they keep it on file and make automatic withdrawals, which I don't want to do. They are saying either that or pay in full or report it to the credit bureau.
Can they force me to do that??!!

Thanks

Most Helpful Response

Well, you can give them your info, but make sure it is you that authorize a charge each month. They can't make you do it, that's just their way of trying to get you to pay your debt.....  You can send a payment by any form and they must accept it.  Good luck!!!!

Collection agency issue

I have a bit of a collection agency problem and I am not happy. My credit report from Trans Union says I have not made any payments. I had went through another collection agency that helps people in debt that are on Social Security income. They are Legal Advocates for Seniors and People with Disabilities (LASPD). I had a caseworker and a payment plan with them and my final payment with them was February 2014. Coming to find out this collection agency did not report anything unless it's on a different credit report that I do not know about. I want to know if it was ever reported and if it was not I have to start all over again!!!!! I have tried to get a hold of the collection agency and no response. I can only afford a low monthly plan nobody is willing to work with me my patience is gone!!!!!