Question

EricFleet

Payment History is Incorrect
Both of my credit scores are around 820, darn near perfect. Yet the factors screen shows Equifax thinks I am only 90.7% on time with payments. Wait, what? I am always on time with my payments. I drill into my credit report for Equifax and every account shows that I have never missed a payment.

So I am confused. One screen shows a really crappy payment history for Equifax while Transunion says my payment history is perfect.

I go to other screens and both say my payment history is perfect. And my overall credit score is darn near perfect.

What is going on?

Most Helpful Response

Same issue here

i had this problem yesterday Equifax was showing 97.2% and for some reason today Equifax show 100%. i think there's a glitch in this system. I wouldn't worry about it. Just check back in few days and I'm sure its going to be back to 100%. 

credit score off

i have hard inq 5 are not mine and i have crdit in 2004 the report says 6 months my score is off what should i do

rafikibubu

If you ever see information that is erroneous in any way, you need to report the issue to the bureau that's reporting it. In the case of Credit Karma, it's either TransUnion, Equifax, or both. 

If it's with TransUnion, Credit Karma has links in your credit report which allow you to report errors. With Equifax, you could try going here: https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/home.action

DO check to see which bureau is showing the error .. especially if it's an error with inquiries. Inquires, in my experience are usually only with ONE bureau. Also, think back really, really hard before you report. Sometimes it's easy to forget that you applied for credit. Also, the name of the lender from the inquiry can sometimes be very different from who you know them as. For example, years ago I signed up for an airline credit card. The inquiry that came in said Bank of America, since that's the bank that was issuing the card. I had no idea that was the case, so at first, I thought I had received that inquiry in error. 

Good luck!

badcredit999

dispute the inquiries to the credit bureau showing the inquiries and insist them to be removed

Sounds like a glitch to me

I can only speculate, but glitches seem to happen from time-to-time. You wouldn't have a score anywhere near that range if there're been ANY negative marks on your payment history. 

Hard to know for sure, but I think a similar thing happened to me a month or two ago on Credit Karma. One of my cards had a credit limit increase of nearly 50% (no hard inquiry), and my Trans-Union score plummeted about 30 points for one week. The next week, it was right back up where it should have been.

Update

It has been more than 30 days and there has not been an update on my credit score or my reports.

No offense but if any credit Bureau shows you at 90.7% on payments, your credit score is NOT above 800, much less 700