Question

Krsna523

Payment History
I've a score of 99.27% (271/273) in payment History and thats a B which has a high impact on the credit score. Can I request to delete the 2 payments I missed - which was actually due to an error from the retail shop not sending me the bills to the right address.

Thank you, Rama

Most Helpful Response

Proabably not.  Sorry, but your bill getting lost in the mail or sent to another address is not an excuse for skipping payments.  It's your responsibility to see that your bill is paid regardless whether or not you get a bill.

You're right when you stated it has a high impact on your credit score.  But that's temporary.  If you continue to pay your bills on time, those missed payments will get buried as time goes by, and become less important.

Krsna523

Yeah Thank You. But My payment record on track is 271/273 and I checked and it shows this missing payment record will remain for 7 years. We need 99% to score A, right now I'm at 99.27 a B, to get  100% or >99.5%, I need about another 100 payments at 365/367!! and not miss any payments. Oh well... guess its a lesson!!