Question

CreditBuilder85

Paying your card balance( and left les than 10%) before the bill cycle close, helps my credit?
Ok here is the thing...
I'm working on create my credit, I have no credit History(start 8 months ago)..
I have a reward card from AMEX, What I'm doing is using that card for all my purchases to get points, but one week before the bill cycle end y pay almost all the ballance and left in the card les than the 10% of the Credit Limit...
Example:
CL: 2000
During the month I use the card for almos 1000 in purchases (50%)
One week after the bill end i made a payment of (900) the bill ends with 100 that is 5% of the CL...
then before the bill comes i payoff my balance.
Is this a good approach to increase my Credit Score and get rewards at the same time?
Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

I think you have it right, but just in case let me go over it. 

2000 credit limit / 1000 balance

statement date is say the 15th of each month.  on the 13th you are paying it down to $180.

after the statement cuts you pay of the remaing balance.

it this is correct then yes you are doing it right

CreditBuilder85

Thanks for your Response....

Yes, I'm doing exactly what you said.

My concern is because in my  CK Report there is a field for every Credit Card named: Highest Balance

this Higuest Balance show:1000, even when the balance field value is $180..

My Concern is if the Highest Balance field can have a negative impact on my credit.

johnnybinsea

The highest balance is fine.  As a matter of fact it could help in a manual check, because it shows that you can run up your balance and still pay it off.  On one of my cards it shows a high balance of $8500.  It has not hurt me at all.