Question

smelli

Paying towards principal to increase credit score
I currently owe 17,000 on my car loan. If I pay a couple thousand or so towards the principal will this help increase my credit score at all? Has anyone done this and boosted their score?

*Ahem*

What the double ****?! That's not what I wrote, AT ALL. I mean, that IS the question I'm asking but I did NOT put how much I actually owe. So credit karma pays someone to re word questions to the community. ???????? πŸ˜‘πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌ

smelli

OR it's a computerized system which sounds dangerous considering this is probably millions or at least hundreds of thousands people's identity information.. I don't think I'll be using this site anymore. Thanks but no thanks πŸ–•πŸΌ

Paying a car loan down will not really help unless its over a long period of time. Credit cards however have a huge impact. If you have credit card debt pay that instead and as your utilization goes down your score will rise!

smelli

Thanks for your response but all my credit cards are under 10% utilization. I have a 755 credit score, just trying to reach 800. No inquires in two years and don't plan on it until I trade in my car. I'm ****ed about this community/response thing. Kinda think it's fake. Kinda think that credit karma has no boundaries for personal information. There's a statement above the posting box to be mindful of what you write and not give personal info. But they did that for me.