Question

Jmelick07

Paying off Student Loan in Full
I have an unsubsidized student loan at 6.8% intertest with a balance of just under 7k currently. I also have two subsidized loans at 4.5% for close to 3k but those are collecting interest since they are in deferment while I am in graduate school.

I have 20k in savings right now and am debating paying off the entire balance of the unsubsidized loan. Will this hurt my credit score?

I would pay them all off. Why would you continue to pay interest on a loan unless your earning more than 5% on your savings? With zero debt it will be much easier to manage your credit.

Jmelick07

Wouldn't paying off the loan right away hurt my credit in the short term?

Hi.

I've been paying off my student loans, specifically the ones that are incuring interest, while still in school. I've been noticing an improvement with my credit score. 

Hope this helped.