Question

thetarponator

paying off credit cards
I just paid off two credit cards that had high interest rates and monthly fees that I used to help build my credit back up and I also closed both accounts how will this affect my credit did I do the right thing?

It depends on how many other open credit card accounts you have. If you have a bunch of accounts it may not be much of a big deal, but if you only had a few accounts and closed two of them you can expect your scores to really take a hit. It would probably be worse on here with Vantage scores than with FICO scores though.