Question

YEI2016

Paying off Credit Card Reduces my Score?
I currently have two credit cards with standing balances around $5,500. I recently came into enough money to pay them off completely. When I used the CK score simulator to see what would happen, it said that this would actually lower my score by about 22 points. I do not plan on closing the cards, just paying them to 0 every month.

Is there a way for me to pay off my balances without it lowering my credit score?

Tho stranger thing might happen to one's credit scores but generally, paying down/off large part of credit card balances should not cause your scores to go down, some have experienced score drop when they paid their balance from 1~9% down to zero. Scores aside, have less/no debt is always good thing.