Question

taradactylmiller

Paying off an eviction
I have an eviction on my record. I would like to settle the account by paying it off in full or negotiating a one time lump sum payment with the collection agency. I would like to also request that the account be removed from my credit report. If I do this, will that make it easier for me to rent an apartment or house?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, that would be a big plus on your part. It may be hard to do since your payment went to collections, so that means that you pretty much stiffed your previous landlord..... Huge red flag in the renting community.  Moving forward try to be more mature with your finances, I know hardships may come, but it is still up to you to put your best foot foward. Why? Because you are trying to climb the ladder and how you respond to life's challenges will only hurt you(if you respond in a negative fashion), even if you are rightly justified by your actions.