Question

Theminatar

Paying off all debt in collections
Hi there, I have what may be a fairly simple question for the community.

I have the ability to pay off all of my debt that is sitting in collections in one go. If I was able to negotiate a "pay for deletion". Would this help my credit score, or would it remain the same?

I'm trying to rebuild my credit and I'm honestly just hoping that not having any items in collections will allow me to take out small loans, or open a new line of credit to help boost my score over time.

Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

If you are successful ine negotiating the "pay for deletion" the item will be removed from your credit score and thus would be as if it never occured.   Even if you are not successfuly in negotiating the "pay for deletion", the fact that the collections are paid off work in your favor along the road to rebuilding credit.