Paying off 3 collection debts in full & one collection being shown twice by two different companies?
I want to pay off all collection debt showing on my credit report. Two are small medical bills and one is a old electric bill. I am willing to pay in full if the CA are willing to to pay for delete. These are all small amounts each under $200. I know I can write all CA and ask for all information towards the debt, and if they are willing to write me a letter with company letter head for a pay to delete that the remaining balance could be paid. I'm wondering if anyone has luck just calling them, and asking for the same letter instead of writing a letter and waiting? I just want to do this as soon as possible, and if I could call and they agree to write me a letter saying they will delete the account that a full payment could be made. My other issue is I have a old comcast bill that is under two different collection agency's. One is 172 and the other is 102. I had a call from comcast last year saying I didn't send back my receiver box, but I still had the UPS tracking which showed I did. They said it would be taken off. Now I see two different companies reporting for the same thing, just two different bills. Can I call both companies and ask for documentation or show this be something I send a letter to also? I don't want to admit the debt for the one of them because it shouldn't be on my report. In the letters to each can I say that two different collection agencies are reporting the same account and one of them should be deleted? What if both companies have documentation on the debt, then which one do I pay? I don't want to pay both but at this point I want these deleted as well and if I have to pay both I will even though I'm truly only responsible for one. Last part how quickly will my credit score jump up if all are deleted? Last year I was over a 600 and now I'm at a 480. I was off work for 8 months due to a back injury. Luckly I'm back with a promotion, and way better pay. I'm living with my future in-laws with little to no bills. Plan on buying a house in a year and want to get these all deleted asap. Please let me know.