Question

silverfox219

paying evertything off
I am overpaying all cards a little and leaving a + balance so that I am using the card but my own money is that a good thing. My credit rating is 715 . I am working on paying the car and house off. My rating does not change , everything is on time.

Most Helpful Response

Not sure if I understand what you are doing with your cards, you're overpaying?  Instead, keep a tiny balance on the cards (1-3%) and I promise you your scores will go up.  It shows that you are USING credit wisely.  Sounds crazy but I know it works, I've been doing it for years.