Question

tjsampone

Paying each month, but not by the due date..
I pay my credit card payments every month and always more than the amount due. The issue I run into is the timing of the payments. I am currently on a pay check to pay check payment schedule and all of my credit cards are generally due the same week. I have to space them out throughout the month so as not to short myself for that week. Obviously this is killing my credit score because the majority of the payments go out after the due date. Despite paying more then whats due and keeping up with my payments, my credit score keeps dropping. Whats the best way to address this?

Most Helpful Response

Contact one or more of your lenders and see if you can change the due date for your payment. Some lenders will allow you to do this as long as you don't ask frequently.

If you have a pretty good idea of how much you will receive every week, you can make plans and carry over funds from one week to the next so you can get payments made on time, too.  I get paid once a month and that has to last the entire month.  You likely will find additional helpful ideas in the articles section on this site and improving your knowledge about credit (which is the purpose of Credit Karma) may help you get a better handle on your finances.