Question

MS00070

Paying delenquent Accounts
I have 3 accounts appearing on my credit report as deliquent and out for collection however I do not know who these creditors are and what my account is I need to pay against.

The total of the 3 is less then $500 so I would just liek topay them. How do I find out who to pay?

If you are not hearing from the collection agencies right now by phone or letter, then these entries just may be mistakes.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG informatioin with the redit bureau showing it.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.  Do this personal credit check every year to make sure all information on your reports is correct.

so your saying that these delinquent accnts do not belong to you? if so then don't pay them a penny!! don't even tell the collector you'll pay it when you can! your first option is to always validate the debt before agreeing to such debt payment arrangements. look for samples of debt validation letters on google and find the best debt validation letter that suits your requirements in validating these debts.. since you claim you don't own this debt request the collector to validate the original creditor and the original owed amount and when this said contract of payment was made as well as your signature providing proof of payment agreements on these accnts. once you have the right debt validation letter and ready to send it to the collector I would suggest sending that letter via usps certified mail, that way you can track where the mail is and when it was recieved. from the time that the collector recieves your letter that is when the countdown starts (the collector has 30days to respond to your request from the date recieved). if the collector does not respond you have the right to dispute the validation through the credit bureaus that the delinquent accnts were reported to. if you do have to dispute through the credit bureaus they will notify you via mail to inform you whether your dispute is or is not resolved. the credit bureau usally takes 30days as well to investigate the dispute so all in all your looking at a good 2 and half months of waiting around and letting time fly by. hopefully my answer was helpful, should you have any other questions feel free to ask ;) 

oh and one more thing make sure you keep copies of your debt validation letters and the certified mail reciept.