Question

Carabear26

Paying credit card to build credit
Say I spend $10 on my cc and then pay it off the next day and I do this constantly , will that help build my credit or should I wait for the bill to pay it?

Most Helpful Response

Using your card and paying it off either immediately, or whe the bill comes due, will help you build credit. But using your charge card and paying it off right away is always a better idea because you do not accumulate any interest charges that would require you ro have to pay extra money to pay the balance off.

..One of the factors in building the credit score is 'usage'.  The usage is determined by how much was charged during the billing cycle and how much was paid.  If you pay your card the day after you charge something, you will not show usage and also will not be doing so well in the on-time payment history category, either.  How about taking the time to do as I did and read the articles on this site so you can understand how credit works so you can put it to good use and benefit from that knowledge.