Question

npdwalk

Paying an account in collections
My credit card account was sent to collections. The account currently appears on my credit reports as "charged off/bad debt/sent to collections."

However, the debt collection law firm representing the card company sued me and we entered into a judgment by agreement under which I would pay a set amount each month. I have paid as agreed since we entered into the agreement. If I sent a letter to the credit bureaus informing them that I'm paying under a stipulated agreement along with proof of payment would it help or hurt my credit?

Credit bureaus can't do anything

Don't bother.   Credit bureaus cannot make changes to your report.   Only the creditor can do anything.   Becuause this is a judgement,  unlikely anything can be done until totally paid off and then only remote chance.   Judgments won't disapper after paid off.   You will just have to wait for it to age off your report. 

Payments toward a negative debt do not get factored into your credit, so no need to do anything.