Question

marty2005

Paying a mortgage included in bankruptcy
I went through a bankruptcy when i closed my business a few years ago. My mortgage and line of credit 2nd mortgage were included in the bankruptcy. Neither show on my credit reports.

I continued to pay both and have never been late or missed a payment. Would it benefit my credit score to have them show? Also, if it would, do you know what the term is for removing the items from the bankruptcy so that it would show on my credit reports?
thanks

Accounts not showing on credit report

Not all creditors report their accounts to the credit bureaus.  Some report to only one bureau, some report to 2 bureaus, and some report to all four bureaus.  You don't say whether or not these 2 accounts were on your credit reports before your filed bankruptcy, but I would suggest you contact both the creditors and ask them if they report to the bureaus, and if so, which one.  If they say they do report their data, then ask them to look at your account and see why it is not reporting.

Please realize that the credit bureaus charge creditors for reporting data, so some smaller creditors opt not to report in order to save money.