Question

gregmy123

"Pay To Delete Letter" Question
I have received 2 collection agencies letters. I have sent both "dispute letters"
Asking for proof that I owe/ certification of accuracy. and in truth,to buy more time. These collection agencies have not reported to any of the 3 Credit Bureaus yet. Might it be wise to contact collection agencies or original creditor or both, and ask for a "Pay To Delete" letter be sent to me prior to my sending payment? And not mentioning to collection agencies that in fact , at the present time, there is no mention of this debt currently on any of my 3 credit bureau files? I understand that collection agencies do not have to send me PTD letter, but it would surely help me if I made off the collection agencies and then they decide to report my debt as
paid with bureaus - which would really be a bummer. :(

1) You send the dispute letters to the credit bureaus once the negative marks show up, not the collection agencies. I get what you're doing, though I doubt it will do much good.
--

2) Do you actually owe the cash? If so, then you have to write the proposal that they delete any reference to you on your credit reports, in exchange for something they want (full payment instead of a negotiated settled amount, etc.) It's a negotiation process, which they can accept or refuse, really.

Delete what? You said the accounts are not on your reports, so this really isn't applicable. I think you may be referring to "debt validation letter" not "dispute letter". You need to be careful what you are doing when it comes to this stuff, make sure you do the required reading to have a good understanding as to how everything works. If you have the money to pay the debt in full, I would contact the original creditor first and ask if they would accept full payment on the account and pull it back from the debt collector, if they are willing to accept payment, pay them at once. If they are not willing to accept payment, contact the debt collector and tell them that you are ready to pay in full with the agreement that they will not place the account on your credit reports. It is doubtful that they would agree to this in writing, but it would be worth asking. You could also record the phone call as evidence if it is legal to do so in your state and would be able to be used as evidence on your behalf if you had to go to court.