Question

grwndzero

Pay to Delete Letter
I see this question a lot on CK, where can I get a pay to delete letter? how do I write one? what do yo say? ect..ect..

I am not too sure where I found this, it was either somewhere on CK buried in all the articles or it was a search I found online. But either way I wanted to share with you what I had used and have been successful. I had 4 old dept's cleared from my report to date. All ranging from 1-4 years old.

Good Luck!

Name of Creditor
Address
City, St. zip

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account XXXXXXXXX
Amount: $XXX.XX

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am disputing the validity of the debt referred to above. I am not aware of the account number and you have not informed me of the existence of this account.

I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or a settlement percentage, whichever is feasible) if you agree to immediately delete the account from the credit reporting agencies (namely Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) that you have reported to, and validated this account. My sole purpose is to get this item removed from my file. This letter should not be interpreted as recognition of the debt or acknowledgment of liability for the debt.

If you accept the terms of this agreement, the certified amount of $XXX will be sent to your collection agency provided there is complete deletion of any reference to the debt from my file on all the credit bureaus that you have reported to, and the debt is validated. As the full amount demanded will be paid back, there should not be any waiting period to delete this item from the reporting bureaus.

Your agency should delete all information regarding the account from my credit files within 10 business days from the receipt of the payment, as mentioned in this agreement. The terms of this agreement will not be discussed with anyone but the original creditor. No third party will be informed if contacted and no acknowledgment of the debt, any kind of payment, or settlement will be discussed if I am contacted by the Reporting Agencies.

Following the acceptance of the agreement, please prepare a letter on your company letter head unambiguously agreeing to the aforementioned terms and conditions and have it signed by your agency’s authorized signatory. This letter will imply a legal contract, enforceable under my state law.

If I do not receive an approval letter within 15 days of your receipt of this letter, I will withdraw this offer.
Please communicate regarding this account to the address mentioned below

Your Name
Address
City, St. Zip

I am using this for an old Verizon debt, which was sold to AFNI several years ago. It still has 2 years left before it drops off my report, and after Sept, it will be the only thing holding me back from getting a mortgage, as I was told by a broker it needed to be paid before I would qualify. I already sent a debt validation letter to AFNI in May, which they ignored, so I'm trying this.

What do I do if I receive no response to this? Do I inform the credit bureaus that I attempted to contact them regarding payment, with no response?