Question

Sheherizaad

Pay Off Three Small CC's vs Pay Off One Large CC? Which will increase my score?
I have two options before me. Do I pay off three small credit cards (total of $8300 & all maxed credit lines) or do I pay off one large credit card (total of $8300 also maxed)?

With regard to the interest rates - they are worse on the small credit cards. Additionally, when I do a Credit Score Simulator, my credit score doesn't seem to change much even if I were to do this. Any other options?

Most Helpful Response

My suggestion is to pay off 2 of them, pay down one of them to about 50% then pay down the big one. Having maxed cards really hurts your score, so the fewer maxed cards you have, the better. Then when you can, pay off the 3rd small one. Then work on the big one.