Question

jingwu1988

Pay off my credit balance at once or gradually, which way raise my credit score more?
I have around $10000 in my credit card balance. Pay off my credit balance at once ($10000 one time) or gradually ($1000 per month * 10 months), which raise my credit score more?

Depends on other factors.

First is, are there any late payments on the cards?  Those will be showing for quite a while until a history of good payments outshines the bad.  How much available credit do you have left?  The ideal credit card usage is 20% or less of all available credit?  Why carry a balance and pay interest on it when paying it off makes more sense?  Make paying the "Total due" on your credit cards a habit every month.  That will show good usage, keep the "available" credit higher, and save you the money you'd be paying in interest charges.  All of these will help your credit score and the sooner it is paid off, the better.