Question

vios500

Pay off all credit card balances at once or make larger payments to increase FICO?
I would like to increase my FICO score and have the resources to pay off 4 credit cards now. Which strategy would be best for my scenario? Pay off all credit balances at once or make larger payments for the next 3 months until they are below 10% or so utilization? I'm not sure if I will be capped on increasing my scores if I pay it off all at once? Thank you

If you pay off a chunk to below 25% and then make payments on the rest, it might help your score quicker, but I don't think it would be by much. Doing it that way would be more costly to you in interest payments.