Question

kafelix

Pay in Full or Monthly payments
I've only had one credit card in my life and it has been closed and I have a balance that needs to be paid off. It hasn't been sent to collections or any other agency which I'm guessing that's a good thing. My credit score is low and I want to get it higher. I plan on moving in a few months and i need to improve my score. Should I pay my balance in full or make monthly payments before the due date? Also does anyone know by how much your credit score improves? Thank you.

If the account is closed pay it off

if the account is indeed closed,  then paying it off as fast as possible is your best bet.

once that is done then start workiong on improving your available credit to raise your score. 

In order to have a credit history you need to have open accounts to pay on so that they have something to score on. 

Remember: A good credit score is not a reflection of what you have but how you manage it.