Question

link2008

Pay for delete settlement from collection agency
I recently made a settlement with a collection agency over the phone that I would pay in full if they delete the debt from my credit report. (Pay for delete). However they said they did not want to make the offer unless I could setup a payment method first and after I paid on it they would send me a letter to prove I completed a pay for deletion with them. I said no at first but then took advantage considering that it was on on recording and I got the man's name and a conformation number. Will they still hold up on their end if they made the agreement verbally over the phone and I already paid?

It's never a sure thing

The people that answer the phones at collection agencies have a directive "to collect the debt" and will say almost anything to get the bill paid,  Even if the conversation was recorded on their end, after all THEY have the recording. 

I would follow up with a letter. Direct it to the Collections Manager.  Give all the info from your concversation, Include the guys name, confirmation number, date etc.  Mail it Return Reciept Requested.  Be sure to spell out the aggreement you made and the date that you expect to pay off the account and List all the payments you have made with dates, checkl numbers etc. Be very specific. Ask for a letter/contract to be mailed back with the aggreement details.