Question

drode0

Pay for delete on closed credit card
I have two credit card accounts on my credit report that are currently closed and in a repayment program with the credit card company. These two accounts show some past due activity and I want to have the negative information removed. I called the credit card company and asked to "pay for delete" but they said that since they had already put me in a repayment program that they could not removed the items from my credit report. They said they already allowed me to repay without interest and that's the best they can do. Can you only pay for delete on accounts that are in collections? Is it not possible to pay for delete on an account that was closed and put into a repayment program with the credit card company?

It's a shame that these negative items are on my credit report since the only reason they got past due is because, while on the repayment program, they never informed me that the program expired and I had to renew for an additional 12 months. So here I was thinking that it was getting paid and it wasn't. I noticed when it was 60 days past due. The other credit card has always been paid on time. But I guess it went over limit and so it shows as past due for several months because the minimum payment which was automatically set up to pay each month was not covering the past due amount. Again, had they told me to pay off the past due amount when I set up the repayment this wouldn't have happened. Trying to fix my credit here and putting in the effort and they still screw me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Look up Mike Roberts and the Credit Solutions Program...