Question

Joecool90

Pay for delete?
Well I decided to call a collections company that I owed 17 different items to. I asked how much I owed and once they told me, I offered to pay it all off if they would take these off of my credit report. They kept giving me a round about answer saying that they will mark these as paid in full. I told them I understood that, but I need to refinance my car loan of 24.9% interest and I want them off period. They yet again gave me a round about answer on how they were going to mark these as paid in full. Still not the answer I was looking for but I paid it just to clear up that at least.

Most Helpful Response

Well give it a little time to update and hope that they are kind enough to delete them, but it doesn't sound like they are planning to. After the update, then hammer them with "goodwill letters" pleading for deletions. Also make sure that all info is correct after they update because you may get deletions through disputing any inaccurate information. I am not sure how old the accounts are but don't forget about "early exclusion" with the credit bureaus.

Joecool90

I had to enter a dispute with Equifax about them.  They didn't even mark them as paid and I called them and they told me the did but it isn't showing at all.  ugh.