Question

Goshuka

Pay down revolving account
How would paying down one revolving credit account make my credit score come down? I recently sent one of my accounts 8k, but according to the Credit Simulator this will actually bring my score down. Did I screw up?

Most Helpful Response

It is possible to bring your score down if you end up with no credit utilization, but that would be assuming your current utilization is less than roughly half your limit, and that you have no other accounts reporting any utilization.

Please remember that the simulator is basically just an educated guess, and is not any guarentee of credit trends.  Personally speaking as well, I'd rather have a slightly lower score with little/no debt than a slightly higher score and a lot of debt.