Question

LittleFury

Past Due Accounts
I had some student loans that were past due, however, I entered into a payment plan with them after three months of being unable to do so. I am currently paying as expected, but the record of the past due months are still on my credit report. How do I go from here building credit back up?

When/Do these fall off my report? (As long as I stay current?)

Be sure that you keep making your agreed payments, you don't want to damage your credit any further. Typically late/missed payments will be on your credit reports for 7 years, but the damage will subside will these late/missed payments age. There will be other things that you can do to improve your credit even with these negatives showing. Every situation is a little different, so I advise that you spend as much time as you can reading about this and all other credit topics as well. Make sure your payments are all paid on time from here on out, if you do that, you will be able to recover from this.