Question

Previouscarowner92

Paid Repossession
Hi everyone,
So I had my car for about 2.5 years I had some financial trouble couldn't pay it, then it got repossessed I recovered the vehicle the next day, this was march of 2013..a few months later in October I was in a car accident and it was totaled luckily my insurance paid of the vehicle and I did now have a balance left over I got some money back..however on credit karma it shows as a repossession for payment status and it just says closed. Does not list paid in full or anything and it shows the incorrect balance..any suggestion? My score is a low 546 I am trying to raise it in 3 months to be able to buy another car..any suggestions? Please help.

Pull a complete copy of your credit report from TransUnion (that where Credit Karma gets their info) by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com.  Then dispute any errors with all three bureaus and the original creditor.  Best of luck!