Question

Whit909

Paid off only 2 collections on my report NO change in credit rating??
I paid off the only two collections i had on my record and it did nothing to help my credit score. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is? I have used Credit Karmas suggestions and got a small credit card based on their recommendation and also paid off the two small collections. It now shows them as closed with a zero ballance , however my score stayed the same? thank you for your help

First off, if the payoff was recent, it may be a lag in timing.  It takes 2-3 months for a payoff to show up on your report.  Secondly, if these were really old accounts, then they weren't hurting your score as much as you probably thought.  The older a negative account is, the less damage it does.  Finally, there could be other reasons for your score not improving, such as new credit inquiries, new late payments or new collection accounts.