Question

Rebuildingcredit86

paid off most debt, got approved for a credit card, still have a low score, help!
Paid off all my debt which were in collections. I have two things remaining that are pretty old. I got a secured credit card that I use and pay off every week. I now (as of yesterday) got approved for a real credit card with a $500 limit. My scores still remain "poor" and I would like to change that ASAP to be "fair"

Don't pay weekly!!

You need to read the article on credit card usage so you can understand it because, by paying every week instead of once a month, you are actually hurting your credit score.  You are only charged interest if something remains on your account longer than one billing cycle so that is no reason to pay weekly. Pay in full (what is shown on the credit card statement) once a month and you should see improvement in your score.

I found the articles here to be a great help in understanding how credit works...and I was trained in accounting.  Please consider using the help available from the articles here. .